Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Balance...an art journal page

Somedays it feels like I am a circus performer;
trying to balance everything go on around me and still be ME.

Today's day & age has us all being pulled in a thousand and one directions at any given time,
causing us to always balance it all.
This page came about as I went through it myself.
I tend to be pretty good at it.
Juggling everyone's schedules and still maintaining time for me and creating,
but the last couple of weeks it has been especially hard.
While I can usually knock out a page in on sitting it took me 3 weeks to get this to come together.
When that happens I usually put the piece to the side, start something else and come back later.
Yet I couldn't with this.
It sat and sat until today when I knew exactly how I wanted to finish.
Getting the balance back,
creating when I can,
and trying to do the best I can everyday.

The background started when I used the page to clean a brush while working on another project.
Multiple stamps, mists and stencils were used then given a light wash of Gesso.

In my continuing quest to use up what I have, the tickets have been hanging in a drawer for several years.
The pocket came from a vintage paper bundle and the rub ons are Tim Holtz.
Each number on the page has some significance to me.

The title came from 2 Club Scrap stamps.
They were from separate sets I believe but both fell at the same time when I knocked a pile over.
Fate?


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.
I hope that you are all achieving some balance in your life as well.

No comments: