Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Use Your Magic

Sharing an Art Journal page today.

This one came about while I was working on a canvas piece.
I was using a blank page in my journal to clean the paint off from my brush as I worked.
(bonus: doing this gives you a ready made background next time you want to work in your journal)

Anyway as I worked on the canvas I was drawn more and more to my journal.
To the point the canvas is sitting on my desk waiting to be finished.

I had an idea for the page and I had to go with it.

I used Liquitex acrylic paints for the background.
There wasn't a whole lot of thinking at that point, it was all about not wasting paint.

My butterfly was created using a Crafter's Workshop stencil.
I traced it then filled the inside with tore book text.
A light wash of Gesso and then added color with my Gelatos,
blending as I went with my finger.
I used the second part of the stencil to overlay the swirls using Silk's Acrylic Glaze 
and finally outlining with a black Gelato.

Black Marble Dylusions mist through a number stencil in random spots.
The black has got to be one of my favorites as for how dark it stays.
There is also lots of random stamping using several stamps and inks (Staz-On and Distress inks)

The words were stamped on tissue paper and then adhered to the page.
I was watching an episode of Project Runway the other day.
In it Tim Gunn and one of the designers were sitting by the water talking and these words were stenciled on a rock.

From the moment I saw them I knew I had to use them.
We all have magic, we just need to use it.

That's it for today.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great one.

No comments: