Friday, July 4, 2014

Be an Encourager (and Happy 4th America!)

While today in the United States 
it's the 4th of July (our country's Independence Day)
and everybody is celebrating with cookouts, family, parades and fireworks; 
I'm sharing a bit of art before our household starts celebrating.
(oh and fits in viewing of 2 World Cup semi final games as well…busy day!)

The quote I use on my page is another I have found on Pinterest
but sums up my one of my philosophies pretty easily.
Be an Encourager.
The world has plenty of critics already.
D Willis

It's easy to break people down, but helping build them up…
That is truly rewarding, and how I try to live my life daily.
Anyway,
enough rambling and on to the art.

My background started, as many do in this art journal,
from me cleaning stamps and stencils off after using paints and inks.
Some Modeling Paste was scraped through a Prima stencil
for texture, then Dylusions mists in several colors were misted and dripped.

Some Bright Aqua Green acrylic paint was randomly scraped across the page 
after pieces of masking tape had been placed down.

Stamping with several stamps--some before I started the page like the script one in the corner, and some after I began, the crosshatch one.
Black Marble Dylusions mist through an alphabet stencil.
Black paint through an UmWow circle stencil then outlined with a white Sharpie pen.

My heart was created using a Crafter's Workshop stencil, Gesso,
and then colored with Gelatos.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by, have a great day, and if you live in the US
Happy Fourth!


No comments: