Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sharing some ATCs today...

I'm doing an ATC swap with a couple of crafty friends this week 
and thought I'd share what I made.

In case you are unsure
ATCs are 
Artist Trading Cards
and measure 2.5 x 3.5 inches.
You can work on the horizontally or vertically (I prefer vertical)
and artists trade them all over the world.

These are going to the US, Canada & Australia.
How cool is it to know that something YOU create is traveling all over.

Anyhoo…
On to the art.

This one is created using an old book page as the base.
Gel Medium used to attached cheesecloth & then misted with Glimmer Mist.
The Kaisercraft Die Cuts were layered on over it.

This one also uses and old book page & cheesecloth.
Then Distress Paints were rubbed over the whole thing.
Some Washii tape added to corners, a vintage image,
and the words from a piece of Graphic 45 paper.

Last but not least my bird escaping his cage.
The background was from a background swap 
(I'll pretty much swap anything to get happy mail lol)
to it I added my bird cage colored with Silks Acrylic Glaze,
and my bird covered with a piece of patterned paper scrap.


Off to the Post Office I go.
Watch the mail Ladies :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

1 comment:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Christy, these are so artsy and fun. I love the backgrounds and the clever saying on the first card. I've never made one....but you've just inspired me!