Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Documented Life…I'm finally caught up

Whew…
I'm finally caught up on my
Documented Life planner, 
now all I have to do is sit back and wait for the new challenges 
to be issued.

This is the planner I am using.
It's last years so I am hoping a lot of what I have written in it
will be incorporated into my art this year.
The pages are thin so it will be a challenge
(one that me and my trusty gallon of Gesso will meet head on)
but already I am loving the art I have added to the insides.
To cover my cover I first added a layer of Gesso over the vinyl.
While it was wet I placed some sewing pattern paper down
and added another light layer of Gesso.

All the color comes from Silk's Acrylic Glazes.
These paints are semi transparent, go on like a dream,
and dry super quick.
Right now they are definitely my "go to" for paint.

The title is from some more old rub ons in my stash…
Remember I'm using it up this year ;)

The numbers are chipboard and are covered with Silk's as well.
Like I said these paints are a dream…
one coat and the numbers were covered.

Stencils from Crafter's Workshop and Stencil Girl stencils
help add pattern and depth to my cover.

While I like to work in bulky layers a lot I intentionally kept
this fairly flat.
I'm thinking with all the yummy art I will be adding
in the end it will be chunky enough.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Love your journal cover!!! I'll have to try some of that paint! Taking notes and learning a lot along the way.