Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Plot Twist

Ever have one of those days where NOTHING seems to go right?

Monday was one of those days.
Half of us over slept and wound up having to seriously rush to get out the door on time,
I smacked my forehead on the wall (my clumsy nature shining through),
a bottle of paint exploded all over me AND the project I was working on,
and on and on.

It led to the creation of this Art Journal page.
 I found the quote on Pinterest a while ago and loved it.
It spoke to me as when things don't go as planned you can either wallow in regret and self pity or move on, and sometimes that "moving on" leads to better things.

I am NOT about wallowing so move on I did.
Case in point…
This page.
It started out as a mismatch of where I cleaned my stencil and stamps.
Once the paint exploded I couldn't work on my original project so I moved over to this page. Using the paint to randomly stamp across it.
Ok, it's looking um….
I then used some NeoColor II's to add more color, dried,
 then stamped with a script stamp and StazOn.
Dylusions mists in Vibrant Turquoise and Squeezed Orange gave bright bursts of color and awesome drips.

                           
                                 Lake Mist acrylic paint was dabbed through Sequin Waste.
                 It reactivated some of the mists and added a bit of color to the off white paint.

Tsukineko ink was then rubbed through a Crafter's Workshop stencil.
Some more stamping with a BoBunny background stamp and Archival ink.

Time for the quote.
I printed it out on copy paper and tore out the words.
After adhering them to the page I made a wash of color with one of my NeoColor II's and colored the white paper.
Once it was dry I went in with a Faber Castell Big Brush pen and colored the letters orange.


In the end my "plot twist" creation ended up making me very happy.
Now hopefully today will go a little smoother.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: