Thursday, November 21, 2013

Laugh Out Loud


Sharing a mixed media layout today.

This has to be one of my favorites that I have done over the years. The joy on my daughter's face just makes me smile no matter what kind of day I am having.
It came about one summer when we were on Kiawah Island for a week.
There is wildlife EVERYWHERE and one thing we saw a ton of were the little lizards.
Now if you have ever seen them in person you know they are FAST and catching them is usually a failed attempt.

One evening we came out to get in the car for dinner and there was one sitting right on the steps.
The little one proclaimed she was going to catch it…
"sure baby you do that" 
(cause there is NO CHANCE that it was going to happen)

When BAM
Girl reached down and came up with it, tail between the fingers and laughing hysterically.
Here is the layout I created capturing that moment... 

The base was a piece of cardboard box I cut to a 12x12 size and heavily distressed.
Gesso was painted over it and once dried Glimmer mist was sprayed fairly heavy.
Torn pieces of patterned paper were inked and layered under where the photo was going to go.

I distressed all along the edges of my photo with water, then acrylic paint. 
I wanted to focus solely on her.
Once I placed the photo I stamped around and on it.

Layers of lace, trim, flowers and baubles were added.

The frame was painted and pearls added. 
I used it to frame the lizard so proudly hanging between her thumb and pointer.

More stamping along the edges of the layout.
Because of the distressed cardboard only partial images showed up in most spots.
Becoming a subtle part of the background.

The letters used to create the title are canvas.
They were colored with Smooch ink by Clearsnap and then outlined with black acrylic paint.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!



No comments: