Tuesday, September 17, 2013

August sketch challenge at SEM!



          It's the middle of the month which means it's time for another sketch challenge at
                                                    Scrapping Everyday Miracles.
 There are 2 sketches to choose from, a scrapbook one using multiple photos or a card sketch.
as always with the sketches there is a twist to follow.
Twist: include some sort of string/fiber in your project


card sketch:

This time around I took the card sketch and turned it into an art journal page.

Sketches are truly versatile and can be used for inspiration,
no matter what you are creating.

The background is created using the technique I shared back in May on the Scrapping Everyday Miracles blog.

I used a Dylusions stencil and acrylic paint for my circles, which were then outlined and smudged with a charcoal pencil.

My take on the twist was some pink rope which I used to create a bow and swirls on my page.
I also added some random script and sail stamping using StazOn.


Thanks for stopping by and make sure to head over to Scrapping Everyday Miracles and link up YOUR take on the sketches.

Have a great day!

No comments: