Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Always...a mixed media canvas

So I love browsing Pinterest.
I click and pin somedays with what seems like reckless abandon never going back and actually really looking at what I had pinned.

This wasn't the case here though. 
I stumbled across a video tutorial by Gabrielle Pollacco showing how she goes about creating canvases.
I actually watched, start to finnish, with no fast forwarding (I am notorious for fast forwarding) and was so inspired I immediately had to create my own canvas.

I have this picture of my Grandmother from 1932. I copied it so as to preserve the original and went to town.
5 different mists were used (Lindy's Stamp Gang, Tattered Angels, & Smooch).
Chipboard from Blue Fern & Dusty Attic.
Modeling paste, stencils, and dry wall tape for texture.

Tons of bits and bobs that I have accumulated over time.
Flowers from the flower drawer (don't judge...I actually have 2 drawers full of flowers).

Gesso & Golden fluid acrylics, with some Ranger Distress pains on top.

It was fun adding layers and pieces. I didn't have to worry about colors matching, everything got covered with Gesso so it all worked.


If you are interested in seeing what else I pin...
come find me on Pinterest.

Who knows what may inspire me next.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: