Saturday, May 11, 2013

With these hands...

I Create


The Swirly Girls Challenge this month is being hosted by Patty.
It's a fantastic one, incorporating 2 of my favorite things to work with right now; Hexagons & Hands.

I decided to create an art journal entry for it. This is a 2 page spread in a friend's journal. I with my hands I did indeed create...for her.

I covered the pages completely with masking tape and a layer of Gesso.
I then misted heavily with Coffee Shop Glimmer mist by Tattered Angels and Vibrant Turquoise by Dylusions.
Stamped around the edges with a Kaisercraft stamp & StazOn ink.

For my Hexagons I traced a Crafter's Workshop stencil onto one of the paper bags Krissy always puts the Swirlydoos kit's embellishments in and cut them out.
I adhered them in sort of a pattern then outlined them with a pastel pencil I then smudged.

                               
My hands I painted with Gesso and stamped them down. When dry I used a black charcoal pencil to outline them
                                 

                 For even more hexagons I dabbed white ink through a chicken wire stencil.
                     Finally I added my words with Glitz Design small alphabet stickers.
This journal is going off to a very special friend. One whom I continue to enjoy using my hands to create for.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christy you already know I love this art journal page you made! So many good things!