Friday, May 10, 2013

Tags, tags, and more tags


Today I thought I'd share a few more tags with you.

For me tags are fun to create. They go together fairly quick. You can make them as simple or as elaborate as you'd like, and they are great to either keep as decorations or tuck into a friend's bag or purse to brighten a day.

This past weekend was National Scrapbook Day.
I didn't get to do much scrapping as I spent most of the weekend on the soccer field. I did however get to make up 2 quick tags for challenges on the Flying Unicorn forum.

This first tag is fairly simple, some heavy mist on the background  followed up with layers of flowers and butterflies.

This tag first had embossing done and then covered with Distress ink.
The butterflies are rub ons and the flowers I made from a quilling kit.
I usually shy away from handmade flowers but these went together really quick and easy.


Lastly is this tag that is WAY outside my color comfort zone.
Red & Orange on the background, yes I was having palpatations lol.
Some burlap and lace were layered on before adding the chipboard elements from Prima.
Just a closeup of the layers

So there you have it, tags for the day.

Next time you are thinking of creating but don't have a lot of time, give a tag a chance. You'll be glad you did.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: