Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Revisiting Paris

I've spent the whole day filming and editing video for my new Art Journal class coming next week (check out The Art Studio June 7th) so I don't have anything I can share today.

So...
I decided to go back to how I celebrated my 40th birthday.
My husband took me AND NO KIDS to Paris for 4 days.

We hopped off the plane, dropped off our luggage and immediately headed over to Sacre Couer.
We've been to the city several times but somehow had never made it to the church.
The sky was absolutely brilliant in it's blue without a cloud in the sky.

I made the decision we'd walk up. I'm in good shape but I was seriously sucking wind by the time we got to the top.
Absolutely stunning, the white against the blue.
See, we are actually there. Sometimes I have to remind myself to jump in the pictures as well.
This is a truly Parisian scene at a cafe in Montmatre. It was decidedly chilly outside but nothing was going to stop this couple from enjoying cafe & the sun.
I love the yellow boots.

After we left Sacre Couer we still had time before we could check in to our hotel.
Off we went to my most favorite museum in the world...
The Musee D'Orsay.
No matter how short our visit is we always make time to stop by here.

The museum is in an old train station. Through one of the clock faces we could look out over the city back where we had been earlier in the day.

Just a shot when you walk in the entrance. The light here is amazing.
I could sit in here for hours.


That's it for today...
Maybe soon I'll share what we did on day 2 (hint it involved several champagne houses ).

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome sights! Thanks for sharing them Christy!