Sunday, May 19, 2013

Possibility....

Messing around today with a friend's art journal.
This isn't my typical creation, both the colors which are super bright and the actual hand doodling are not my normal.
I started out by laying down color on the background with my NeoColor II water soluble crayons.
I then drew in the border with a Sharpie and added more color.

Along the inside I used up a bunch of number rub ons from 7 Gypsies, then misted with Vibrant Turquoise & Squeezed Orange ink sprays by Dylusions. I lifted u the book before drying to get some good drips.
Then white ink through sequin waste.

The hearts were cut out from various papers and layered together then machine stitched down the center. I only glued the bottom heart to the page. The rest can be flipped through and written on if you want to add more journaling. 
I outlined the hearts with a Sharpie.

Super thin layer of Gesso and then a Rub on.
I doodled around it a bit to draw focus to it.

Lastly I took a white gel pen and Crafter's Workshop stencil and created some diamonds across my page.

This page is making me very happy, guess it's good to step out of the normal every once in a while.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: