Thursday, May 16, 2013

3 Amigos & Mojo Monday

It is time for another Mojo Monday challenge at 
(ok I know it's Thursday but it took me a bit)

This week's totally fun sketch came from Shona. Anyone who puts WEEEEEE on their sketch gets big smiles from me lol.
And yes it was a WEEEEE working on it.
I had fun this week.
This is my take on the sketch. The main background paper is a subtly patterned piece by Pion.
I dragged Gesso through a dirty stencil randomly. The Gesso picked up some of the color previously on the stencil so bits and pieces got colored.
Misted with Glimmer Mist & Lindy's Stamp Gang.
Ink through another stencil.
Splattered some watered down Gelato and finally stamped a few stars using StazOn.
Here is a close up of part of the background and the layers.

More of the background, you can see the colored Gesso and dripping mist.
I machined stitched a bunch of circles and then using Gel Medium added random extra thread over the page.

The title is made with cork letters from Little Yellow Bicycle.
They were too brown so I lightly dabbed Lake Mist paint onto each letter.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


No comments: