Saturday, March 23, 2013

Trust your heart


Time for another Gelli Plate project.
This is a new page in my art journal. I made the background up a few days ago using my Gelli Plate then had it sitting for a while letting me think on how I wanted to finish it up.
I did this huge green heart in the center of the page with a Crafter's Workshop stencil and the plate as well.
Soon as I was done I started kicking myself for using that color.
Instead of gessoing over the whole thing and starting over I decided to (in the immortal words of Tim Gunn) "make it work"

        First I continued on with Lake Mist paint dauber through punchinella randomly over the page. Starting to come together but still needed help. I have a combination of 50% water & 50% acrylic paint in a squeeze tip bottle so I pulled it out, and outlined the heart. Since the paint is already mixed with water it really dripped down. I wanted drips from the top and bottom so added extra paint where itwas needed.
  Ok I'm starting to like it, but not finished yet...

  I'm cleaning out stencils and found this old Club Scrap one that had the saying on it. I rubbed Prima ink through it and then highlighted the word heart with a white gel pen to make it pop off the page.
The little circles under are from a rub on.

  Finally as the end bit I sprayed heavy along the top with Dylusions Black Marble and lift it up to get lots more drips coming down my page.
NOW I like it!

  Lesson of the day, don't give up and immediately try to get rid of something you aren't happy with. Work with it. Who knows, in the end it may be worth it.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: