Thursday, March 21, 2013

Me....at 40


The Swirly Girls Challenge over at Swirlydoos this month is hosted by Manda called 
SCRAP YOUR AGE

Her challenge to us was to create a layout featuring just yourself, use monochromatic colors and show your age.
Oy, I tend to be the photographer in the family so finding a picture of just me proved to be the true challenge.
I used the March kit from Swirlydoos to create my layout.

  The base paper is from the Whitewash collection by Kaisercraft. I layered a bit of Prima over it then my photo.
 I used black gesso to go around most of the edges but then felt the black was too black and use Lake Mist paint dauber through some punchinella to break it up.

  For bonus points I dug into my stash of hoarded Dusty Attic chipboard and used the waddle blossoms (no idea what waddle blossoms are but love the pattern). I added some bits of Prima tape, flower & stickers for my title.

  40 is supposed to be middle aged right? I laugh at that, most days I feel like I'm still starting out with so much to learn.

  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: