Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Swirlydoos Ultimate Designer Challenge WEEK 3


So it is time for week 3 of the Swirlydoos Ultimate Designer Challenge.
This week the challenge is to use METAL FOIL TAPE and incorporate it into your project somehow. Now I never do anything little and went in whole hog on this. I altered an 11x 14" canvas to create my piece.

Here is how I started...
First laying down a bunch of random objects.

Then I covered the entire canvas with pieces of metal foil tape I finally found at Home Depot (after hitting up 4 other stores). I used a paper stump and burnished, burnished, burnished.

Then wiping the whole thing with black acrylic paint, wait and wipe off. Repeated this 3 more times until I was happy with it. The paint is in the grooves and crevases and takes away the shinyness (I know, not a word) of the tape.


Almost done...Now I started adding alcohol inks; Pesto, Terra Cotta and Copper. I just used my finger to blend them in where I wanted them to go.

Time for my photo and embellishing. The wings and heart are grungebord that I covered with tape and ran through and embossing folder. I then repeated the same paint & ai application. The word strong I rubbed Black StazOn over to make stand out.
In the upper left corner are some beads and a dangly heart (hard to see in this pic I know, but bad weather is rolling in and I had to take it now).
The photo is a self portrait by my dd. I just love how awesome she looks in it. Ready to take on anything and anyone.


Some closeups to show you.



  So that's that. Week 3 of the Swirlydoos Ultimate Designer Challenge. Make sure to head over to the forum and see what everyone else is doing this week. I promise, you'll never look at metal foil tape the same again.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment:

Linda Pekrul said...

This is absolutely awesome Christy! I love how you made a canvas out of it. Can only imagine how long it took you to burnish all of those items! Love it!