Friday, January 18, 2013

Swirlydoos Kit Club : Ultimate Designer Challenge


Swirlydoos Kit Club is having an Ultimate Designer Challenge happening over the next 6 weeks.
Each week a new challenge is posted for those of us playing along.
For week one it was to take a piece of chipboard or die cut and alter it to create a layered embellishment for a page, card etc.

After several starts and stops this is what I finally came up with.


I took a large Eiffel Tower chipboard piece (and when I say large--it's 12" tall) and covered it with a piece of actual French sheet music. Wiped some Gesso over it to tone it down and stamped flourishes over it. They a heavy misting with Buccaneer Bronze from Lindy's Stamp Gang. Once dry I embossed with a script stamp and copper embossing powder across the whole tower.

For the Fleur de Lis I fisrt paint it with copper paint and while wet sprinkled with UTEE. When I heated it it formed some cool texture. Once cool I stamped with a script stamp all over.



I finished the layers with a piece of crumpled and distressed paper under and flourishes on top.

This is how it looks on the page before I added anything else.
The patterned paper is from Riddersholme Design which I wiped with Gesso before misting with the Buccaneer Bronze and Tiffany's Blue mists from LSG.
The stencil is from Crafter's Workshop and I used Colorbox Mixed Media ink.

  Here is just another closeup of my altered chipboard. It was hard getting good pictures. No matter what light I used there is so much glimmer it kept messing me up.


And finally the finished page. Last April my husband took me to Paris for my 40th birthday. This pic was taken there. I printed it on canvas paper in sepia tones to match my page.


  The thread over at Swirlydoos has many more entries of altered chipboard. Head on over and chack them out.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: