Thursday, January 3, 2013

Alone

I worked on this page today for a monthly challenge at Flying Unicorn.
For the Holidays at any given point I usually have between 10-20 people in the house. I love it and the ensuing chaos that comes with it. After a while though I begin to crave my alone time. Everyone left yesterday and I finally got some today.
Figure a few more days and I'll be right as rain again (that and maybe some sun finally starting to shine again).


  For this page I started out on a piece of watercolors paper and threw down some blue and orange paint (why those colors you ask, seriously today it was grab what I first touched and go with it). Course once I put those colors down I immediately cringed so covered most of it with a thick textured layer of gesso. Gesso, it's like the perfect bandaid for crafters lol, it hides all).
  I then stamped with a background dot stamp and solvent ink, followed up with black gesso through a stencil.
 I still wasn't sure where I was going yet so I began flipping through all my collage papers when I stumbled upon this image from a book page and AHA...things took off. The image was adhered and then outlined with charcoal. Because there were some bricks on the image I decided to add more bricks on my page with a Crafter's Workshop stencil and Pan Pastels.
  The finishing touch was torn from a dictionary and defining the word Solitude.

  If you are interested in Art Journaling but not sure where to start, or maybe feel like you are stuck in a rut, head on over to The Art Studio. Over there I have several art journaling classes available with more to come.
  In both PLAY and TOP 10 these short classes will take you from the blank page to a beautiful art filled one. You get step by step instructions to download and print as well as full step by step videos so you can watch along as I go through my creative process.

 Stop on by, check them out and let me know what you think.

Have a great night!

No comments: