Monday, October 8, 2012

The Ultimate Road Trip

  Last summer we went on the ultimate road trip, flying for 9 hours, across an ocean,  before even beginning it. We flew from Charlotte,NC to Munich Germany so my wonderful husband could pick up his new car. 
  
  Then we hit the autobahn, driving at speeds you can't in the US, to the Alps on the German - Austrian border. Partly it was to show the kids the Alps...The other was to get this shot. We drove down several roads and parked in a few spots before he settled on this location. Good thing that as a family we are used to seeking out "the perfect shot".

  For this layout I misted Glimmer mist over some card stock. I then rubbed some Distress ink through my brick stencil from Crafter's Workshop. The stamps are from Artistic Outpost and went with my road trip theme perfectly.
  I just added a few scraps of paper along both the top and bottom, mainly because I really wanted to emphasize the journaling and photo.

  The castle in the background is Neuschwanstein Castle built in 1869 for Ludwig II of Bavaria. After stopping to take this picture we then walked up to the castle. The girls now joke we made them hike the Alps on their vacation.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: