Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sometimes...

One of my other passions besides scrapbooking, mixed media and quilting is art journaling.I enjoy trying new techniques and products and using them in my art.  I have pages and pages that I have created over the years and always enjoy looking back through them and seeing how my art has evolved over time.

  I have a new art journaling series coming up at The Art Studio starting soon. Every 2 weeks or so a new class is released where I show you how to create your very own pages from start to finish. Each lesson is full of techniques and product play. There will be step by step downloadable instructions as well as full videos. I hope that you come check it out.

To give you a tease I'm going to share with you a short page tutorial that I did several months back for Scrapbook News and Review




 Supplies needed are a base (I use watercolor paper), stencils (Crafter's Workshop & Pink Paislee), 3 colors of acrylic paint (Liquitex), several background stamps (Kaisercraft)  and solvent ink (Tsukineko).

 Step One: Dry brush a loose layer of your first paint color. Don't cover the page; you want some of the white to show through. Dry completely.
 Step Two: Take your first background stamp and solvent ink and stamp randomly over the dry paint. You want to use solvent ink because it will dry almost instantly, won't smudge, and won't reactivate as you add more layers.
 Step Three: Lay the doily stencil in the lower right corner and add your second color of acrylic paint over it; I used a foam cosmetic sponge here to apply it. I also add a few spots of the same color in the upper left corner. Dry.
 Step Four: Take your second background stamp and ink it up with your solvent ink. Again stamp randomly over the page. The idea is just to get more and more layers down.
 Step Five: Take your diamond stencil and place it over the whole page. Using another foam sponge add the bright paint through it in spots. Dry.
 Add your journaling. Here I did it with stamped letters, stencils, chipboard stickers and my own handwriting. To add a final touch I took some Dylusions Black Marble mist and sprayed it heavily in one spot to get dripping as well as 2 other spots just for accents.

 I hope you have enjoyed this little tutorial and make sure to stop by The Art Studio to check out not only my art journaling series but all the other fantastic classes being offered by the talented instructors there.

 Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: