Friday, October 19, 2012

Mixing paper with fabric....

 

    I love fabric. My first love was quilting and when I discovered I could bring together fabric and paper together in my art I entered a very happy place.

  Over at PAO we are having a postcard swap. The only rule for this month was NO CARDSTOCK. I immediately knew that this meant my base was going to be fabric. I was lucky to get a good friend as my swap partner this time and I had no trouble coming up with my design.

  My base was a piece of muslin that I misted with Turquoise Blue & Sunkissed Peach glimmer mist by Tattered Angels. I layered on some book text inked with  Antique Linen Distress ink and lace. The fiber going across the bottom was cut off a doily window pull and I tacked it on in a few spots.
  
 The heart was cut out of sheet music, again inked with Antique Linen to distress it. The edges were further highlighted with Teal Damask ink by Prima. It was then zig zag stitched to my background.

 The flowers are by Prima and the leaves are from a Petaloo vine I had cut up for a previous project. The binding is a piece of batik fabric from my stash.

  I love all the textures I was able to create on this piece, the hard and soft as well as the colors. I'm really hoping the person who receives this loves it as much as I do.

 Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: