Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Me, Right Now

 Over at Flying Unicorn one of this month's challenges is to create something with the title ME, Right Now.  Now scrapping about myself is not something I usually do but every once in a while I try to force myself to. I have books and books devoted to family members but as for me I'm sorely lacking. I use my scrapping to tell stories and keep memories, I have stories and memories to tell as well.

  Any way this was my layout
  I started with some The Scrap Cake patterned paper and added color with several stencils. I rubbed black ink through the little squares one and numbers.
 I added acrylic paint by Golden through the circles, and then outlined them with charcoal pencil smudging them all after. I then added more stamping using the gears stamp from Club Scrap and an Orange Pitt Pen by Faber Castell.
  More stamping using 7 Gypsies & Kaisercraft stamps with black ink.
  And as a finishing touch dripped the same acrylic paint I used in my circles down the paper.
 One of the requirements was you had to journal 5 things you were doing NOW. While I don't do many pages using my picture I journal even less about myself. I went with semi hidden journaling, cutting up squares of patterned paper, distressing them and tucking them partly behind my photo.

 While I do tend to shy away from scrapping myself I have to say I'm glad I jumped on this. It's a happy day.

Have a good one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loooove the contrast of colors here! Such a great layout.