Saturday, September 1, 2012

Journey

  
More playing with Gesso today. As I had said I'm taking Kate Koch's Gesso class over at The Art Studio. I love using gesso and it's always on my desk but the ideas she is providing are just awesome.

I started messing around in my art journal with in and wound up using it several ways on this page. It's a base, and adhesive and several other ways (check out the class seriously).

Golden acrylic paint was painted through a Plaid bubble stencil. Once dry the paper was sprayed with Chalkboard mist by Tattered Angels and then water to lighten it up. Liquitex Acrylic ink was dripped down after.
The stamps are new ones I just picked up at Michaels made by Hampton Arts for 7 Gypsies. At $3.99 a pop I bought every design. I cut my heart out of cardboard, painted with gesso and rubbed distress ink on it. The word is a rub-on I found laying on my desk.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: