Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Butterfly

   This is an Art Journal page I did showing that you can take scrapbook sketches and transform them into your art journals. Sometime when you need a jumping off point start with a sketch. They aren't just for cards or layouts anymore.

  I created the sketch for this page, to show how you can use sketches across different papercrafting worlds I also created a layout using the same sketch.  Tomorrow I'll share the layout and the sketch with you all.

  Sketches are beautiful things lol. You can take one and turn it into your own by tweaking bits and pieces here and there. They don't have to be followed exactly and using them can sometimes help get you going again when your muse takes a long walk without you.

  For this page I used lots of mists and ink on the background along with a Crafter's Workshop stencil. Some torn book text and Washi tape tape love layered with a collage image and butterfly wing rub ons. I added a quote and then my personal thoughts around the edge.

 This page was featured in the April issue of Scrapbook News and Review.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: